Friday, September 16, 2011

Are We Making Things Better?



OK, I guess the title of this post could be a little bit self serving. It would be very unlikely I would pose that question in the title unless the answer was solid "yes". I guess the real reason for showing these two pictures is to reinforce that we are making progress. Sometimes things seem to bog down and it can cause a person to wonder if they really are making progress. Between Lynda and I, the front yard has had a fulltime irrigator working on it since the middle of August. Last weekend, after I ran the lawnmower over things, I paused and noticed the front yard really was looking pretty nice. To shamelessly demonstrate just how much we have greened up the front yard, I dug up the picture from about a year ago when the place was for sale. At that time, it appeared nothing had been watered for a long time and it showed. We still don't have the place even close to where our vision is, but I think this shows we are making things better and we both have bruises, skinned knees and elbows, and sore bodies to prove it. As has been said before, we wouldn't trade it for anything else.


1 comment:

  1. My skinned knees are finally healing but looking at that "before" picture reminds me that it was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete